The mere fact that I just looked at my blog and realized not a word has been written since August tells you how busy I have been and how incredibly fast time has gone this semester. Currently 14 days away from Thanksgiving break, I can't believe how much has happened in the past 2 months.
First off, I am over 17 pounds lighter. It has been a huge adventure, as I promised myself I am getting to goal this time around. I have a little over 28 pounds to go, and even if it takes me another year, I am going to get there. I am throwing in all my effort, so I will get there.
It has been amazing to see my clothes fitting loosely; unfortunately loosely enough to the point where I have to spend money to not look like a clown, or like I am wearing someone else's clothes. I have been going to the gym between 3 and 4 times per week, and religiously giving up sleeping in on Saturdays to sit at my WW meetings at 8 am on Saturday mornings. The journey is paying off so far, and I can't wait to get where I am going! Once I am there, I intend on continuing the adventure in a different way! Stay tuned :)
School has been incredibly crazy. Being the jr. class advisor has its perks, like avoiding our weekly mess of interventions, but it also has a lot of outside work that is most definitely not monetarily rewarded. I have spent many a nights (Weekends) working at the food stand for our soccer and football teams. I have spent many hours organizing activities, leading meetings, yelling, and organizing some more. I can't say I am quite ready for next semester, when Prom is looming in the future. Hopefully it is as great as we want it to be! With that said, having a co-sponsor, I feel so much happier. I finally have someone working by my side who actually KNOWS what she is doing and how things get done. I could have never made it without her. I am also happy to say we are becoming good friends, which we were before, but now we are even closer.
On the other side of things, my partner in crime E and I decided to re-start our chapter of the Spanish Honor Society at school. Much to our surprise, our chapter currently has 43 students. I was absolutely dumbfounded to see that at our first "interest" meeting, my classroom of 36 desks did not have enough room for the kids! It has been incredibly fun. We have taken them to dinner, gone to salsa lessons, we went to the Santa Fe Day of the Dead art walk last night, and are working on some community service activities. As I walked past the Museo de las Americas last night, I couldn't help but tell E that "it feels like we are making a difference." Our kids are taking risks, and we are so lucky and honored that they are willing to take those risks with us.
Peace, and happy November! Hearts and stars, Bee