Last night I went out. I know. Shocker. As I sat at the bar of the Rio in Denver (horrible food, strong drinks!) and looked around at the crowd (big people watcher), I came to the realization that I have not gone out in months. And then my 20s flashed through my head... early twenties included college and some forgotten nights, but the second half of my 20s (I know I am 19, bear with me) has been nothing but work. I wake up at 4:30 am, go to work, and oftentimes I do not see sunlight. I leave for work when it is dark, and leave the school when the sun has already set. I have worked more Friday and Saturday night events this semester alone than I have seen friends. I have failed to put on street clothes at 8 pm on a Friday night because pajamas sound more comfy and I just want to sleep.
I am wasting away my life because of my job!
All this while at the Rio. It was too loud so I was alone with my thoughts for a few minutes. I guess that the place is not what's important, but the fact that I have realized that I need to start putting my big girl pants and find balance. I have been lucky enough to find my "health" balance through my weight loss journey, but that does not include my "personal" balance. I need to meet people, dance, have a cocktail, flirt, see friends, and not just work/sleep.
THAT is my new year's resolution... and instead of waiting until Dec 31st to start, I am starting NOW.
a shout out to RYAN who reads my blooooog! :)
XOXO
Bee