You may not know this, but for the first 17 days of my trip, I am traveling with my parents. My parents have NEVER taken a vacation together. Unlike a lot of couples I have met in my lifetime, who make it a point to go on vacation at least 1 time a year, my parents haven't prioritized vacations - ever. My parents take pride in their work, and my mom is really all about saving money (while my dad is all about spending it on silly stuff!). My dad recently found out he had accrued SIX WEEKS of paid vacation, never used, untouched... and if it were not for some unexpected issues, he would've never even touched that time. When planning my Spain escape, I suggested to my parents that they should come. Mostly because my mom's MS is an unpredictable bitch of a disease and I want her to see the world. I don't want her to pass away never experiencing a paella on the coast of Valencia or seeing Las Meninas up close and personal in the Museo del Prado.
I never expected my parents to say yes, but they did. We booked all of our travel plans in January, over winter break. It was exciting to find out my dad had millions of points and miles spread out with different cards and what would've been a ridiculously expensive idea turned out to be not so terribly expensive at all. (Note to self: start collecting points!!!!)
We are now almost 24 hours away from our departure and all the quirks I hate/love in my parents are starting to come out. I am starting to roll my eyes and WE HAVE NOT EVEN LEFT! This could be good, cause I will get it out of my system, or it could be a horrible omen of what's to come.
My mom is on /repeat/mode/ and she is saying things over and over again. About feeding the dog, about bags, about credit cards, money... anything. She is also deathly scared of planes, so she is now starting to freak out about the 12hours35minutes we will be spending on board a ginormous metal bird.
On the other hand, I have my dad... who booked economy but somehow wants to sit with first class. DAD: YOU PAID FOR ECONOMY. YOU WILL GET SHITTY SEATS. FACE THE TRUTH. No one likes to be sitting for 9 hours, but everyone will have to do it at least once in their life. I am pretty sure we will be just fine, whether we are on row 1 or row 24. We have had about 3 arguments about seating in the last 2 hours.
Again. Not zesty.
And thus, in exactly 60 minutes we WILL be checking in. Maybe I will pick the wrong seat and end up on the other side of the plane....
mwahaahahaa
Bee
You crack me up. Hopefully while you're away you will have some time to escape for some Britt time. Love and miss you terribly already.
ReplyDelete