The road into Granada was rural, lots of artisan work. Granada itself took me by surprise - or maybe it's just the area where our hotel is located. It is flat out reminiscing of Monaco. Small streets, fancy balconies, beautiful tile, lots of marble. The lamp posts have fresh colorful flowers on them. Nice cars, nice people, kids running around. There is definitely money here, or at least where we ended up. Our hotel was incredibly hard to find. Both store fronts face pedestrian areas, so not even with the GPS could we have found it. Curiously enough, there are two hotels with the same name within a block of each other! We found the Dauro hotel and after much turmoil we were told that we were at the wrong hotel. Parking is so hard that they have a special valet who drove us to the right hotel and then parks the car. Later on my parents ventured to see this parking structure. My dad was amazed at the abilities of the valet. He gave him ten euros cause he could have never parked it like that. I can't vouch for this, but my parents talked about it the rest of the night so I believe it!! While they walked around, I stayed in and uploaded some pictures of the trip. They are awesome and I can't wait to make an album of them!!!
At around seven, when the 34 degree Celsius hell had cooled down, we walked out and ventured by foot into the center of town. The cathedral is beautiful, but we decided against paying the 8 euro to visit the inside, and instead walked around it. We found an artisan market, lots of spice shops, fresh flowers, and eventually a dinner location. We shared 1.5 liters of sangria, bread, we tried salmorejo - Andalusian gazpacho- and Habas con Jamon. They are both traditional dishes of the region. We enjoyed all of them very much. I still can't decide whether I like gazpacho or salmorejo better. We walked a bit more and ended up finding another churreria. I can't say no. I stuffed my face with churros. There. I said it. We walked back to the hotel and are now tucked in and ready for a LONG day at the Alhambra. Wish us luck and not 248194819 degrees outside!!!
Xoxo, bee


No comments:
Post a Comment