Saturday, June 8, 2013

Of security checks

We made it. I almost killed my dad a few times today, but thank goodness we made it. We got to the airport at around six pm. We did not have any issues during our first leg of the trip. It was packed, and the plane was freezing, but asides from that and some turbulence it was your average flight. 
I managed to sit away from my parents, it just ended up working out that way. I watched three movies - Warm Bodies (who does not love a funny romantic zombie movie?), Identity Thief (per Liz's comment that said it was good) and then Finding Nemo. Three great movies, an aisle seat, a mini bottle of red wine to warm up and 2 Dramamine later we were landing in Heathrow. 
I hate that airport. I hate how massive it is, I hate how unfriendly the staff is, and it plainly brings me back all my memories of losing my camera last time. All terrible things. We landed with 50 minutes to spare before we had to be at our other gate. We ran and ran and I argued and argued with my dad, but eventually we made it. We got to the gate and waited about five minutes. I had enough time to go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. It felt so gross to eat two meals and not be able to brush my teeth!!! Ew!
With clean teeth, we arrived into our second plane. The plane was soooo empty. I was the only person on my row. After a 9 hour flight, the 2:20 flew by and before I knew it we were walking through the Barajas airport. It is nicer than I remembered and way bigger than I had originally thought. It was raining, but allegedly tomorrow it will just be cloudy and cool. It is my mom's bday. I hope the day is perfect!!!
Our cab driver was an old man with a pot belly. He grunted instead of approaching us with kindness after traveling half a world to see his country. He tailgated, sped and didn't answer any of our questions. Just the way you want to be treated, ya know???
Our hotel is near the airport and we will be here for three nights. Thank goodness for wifi!!! 
We are exhausted. We waited until the restaurant opened at 730, grabbed a quick bite and are now all tucked in for bed. It's 830. Don't judge. 
Xoxo,
Bee







1 comment:

  1. So, so glad you made it safe and sound! Can't wait to hear about more adventures!

    ReplyDelete