Sunday, September 22, 2013

of tapas

I have been waiting all week to watch Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown. He was visiting Andalusia, more specifically: Granada. The week went slowly and today I cuddled up with my favorite blanket to see him walking around the streets I roamed with my parents, eating the food I couldn't eat and visiting my favorite place on this earth: the Alhambra. The hour-long show seemed just minutes long once you have been there, seen those beautiful cobblestone streets and tasted the wonders of the region. It made me miss my summer, and it made me yearn for more adventures ahead.
Tomorrow kicks off our homecoming week: Clash of the Comics. I am readily prepared and several bucks poorer after purchasing important things (such as a wonder woman costume) that will be used this week. I have decided I will not attend many things, for my Friday and Saturday will be full of activity, and I honestly can't stay on the other side of town for 5 days straight eating crap food and gaining who knows how much weight. I will come home, and eat a homemade meal every day this week. That is my decision.
My grandpa has been very ill. I don't want to blog much about it, because every time I think of the man who took me to McDonald's to eat pancakes on the weekend, who took me to Felix B. Maduro to buy more Barbies than I can count, who visited me all over the world - no matter where my dad took us, I start crying. I have been lucky to have all four of my grandparents into my adulthood, but I have been unlucky in the fact that I haven't really enjoyed them during adulthood because they are all very far away from me. My grandpa hasn't been doing well emotionally since my uncle Jean passed away a couple of years ago, and things have quickly taken a turn for the worse. My mom and I are scrambling to put together a trip to Panama and praying that he will still be here toward the end of October - the only feasible time for us to make the 4000 mile trek down there. I am trying to stay positive for my mom, and it is hard. If you have a minute to send a prayer our way, it would be highly appreciated. It is hard to be so far away from family for such extended periods of time.

Much love,
Bee

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your family and especially your grandpa! Love you!

    ReplyDelete