Tuesday, March 10, 2009

So should we call you Sister Señorita?

The first week at CSH came and went, and I find myself sitting in the office on my second Tuesday at this school. I am loving it, and I am sure this is something I've already mentioned before. I am slowly but steadily learning the names of the kids, some I got down but others are taking me longer than usual. The teachers have been really really supportive, and I even got a Free Blizzard at the last staff meeting because Lauren thought to thank me and Shiloh for taking over for "two of the teachers affected by the baby boom." The baby boom is an ongoing joke. Just in the past three weeks, three different teachers have given birth... and there are a couple more to go (plus the ones who gave birth before I even got here!).
So far, the Spanish 2 Honors classes have been the most rewarding and most fun. However, we have been playing a lot of games and doing review, so we shall see how it goes once we start getting into the real work part of things.
The Spanish 3 kids are --all in all-- lazy. There are a few exceptions, of course, but the vast majority of the kids make me wonder why they are even in the class! Granted, the current ART unit is not very brain-friendly and they havent spoken a lot of Spanish because of it, but they are sooo lazyyyyyyyyy! They are good kids though, I have to give them that.
This weekend I was feeling a little sickly, so I stayed in and slept A LOT. I did go see Watchmen with my sister/Storey and I really enjoyed it. We heard some people on our way out complaining about it, saying it was like a "soap opera." Dear people who do not like/did not like Watchmen: Don't go to the movie theatres expecting to see Iron Man. This is NOT a superhero movie, or at least not in the "Superhero" sense of the word. They are heroes, they are strong, but they are broken, and they are getting older, and they are normal people like you and me. They are insecure, they get sad, they are confused by what's happening around them. They are in a parallell world, one in which things are dark and uncertain. It is not a happy movie. DEAL WITH IT. Oh and ps, don't bring your children. This stupid idiot brought his two kids (prob between 7 and 8) and had them sit through this 3 hour movie and watch not just sex and full frontals, but REALLY gory images. Some parents actually took their kids and left, but this one stayed through the whole thing. Who does that?
Ok, I have about 45 minutes before my seventh hour starts and I need to get a few things taken care of.

<3
Miss Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment