Saturday, December 5, 2009

I am sooo lucky.

I am lucky because during this season I have a job. Even though it is not assured for next year, I love it and I want to keep it; I am working hard towards that goal, but at the same time trying to think about the here and the now. The truth is many don't have the privilege of being employed, of knowing a paycheck is coming their way... and I do. And I am aware.
I am lucky because I have great friends. And I know my previous post was very similar to this because of the Thanksgiving feel... but sometimes I forget to smell the roses and appreciate what's happening NOW. Last night was a stop and smell the roses kind of day. School was great. A professional development that I helped lead got the ONE assistant principal who has NEVER spoken to me to walk up and say "You did a wonderful job." I felt appreciated, respected and SO lucky. After school I met up with my beloved CSH teachers, and those four people there,while they may not know it, are one of the highlights of my week. It has nothing to do with the beer/diet coke/water/margarita in front of me. It has to do with the laughter, the conversation and the comfort that comes from sitting with fellow teachers who also love their job. I felt loved, appreciated and SO lucky. And finally last night, I went to the Parade of Lights with Shiloh and some of her friends. While her friends don't know me, don't know who I am or if they will ever see me again, they still made sure we were all having a good time. We had good conversations, and laughed out loud more than once. The parade was beautiful, it was FRIGID, but the company and the Christmas spirit shared by all who were present made it feel strangely warm and fuzzy in my tummy. It was a good time. I felt refreshed, happy and so lucky.
See?
I am one lucky mofo.

1 comment:

  1. I had a blast downtown, even though it was freakin' cold! And thanks for getting me started on The Middle and Modern Family so I can join in on the conversations at FAC :)

    ReplyDelete