I fell behind on blogging because of work, but I guess I can share a few things that happened this week - since, well.... this has become a photo blog as of late!
On Tuesday, while I was teaching my third hour, our security guard walked in very stern-looking. Then the principal walked in very stern looking. Then a group of parents walked in. I was so confused/scared. Then! Then the best happened! I was given my very FIRST grant! I applied for a 300 dollar grant to start a Spanish library for my students. It will include everything from basic stuff to hardcore literature for my kids who love to overdo it....
I was given my first grant. That is huge. On my second year? That is even huge-er! I was ecstatic and I got a big fake check AND a balloon... and a picture, which I have no idea who will see... Oh well. My kids walk into the classroom and ask: Why do you have a balloon? And then I tell them... and then they go "oh." I don't think they understand the EXCITEMENT that I am going through. FREE MONEY!!!!
On Sunday I received an email from a former student. Due to many family issues she had to transfer out of school and into Columbine. Out of the blue, she decided to shoot me an email on Sunday "just to say hi." She told me her family stuff was getting better, and that she looked forward to the day when she could come back and be my student again, and then joked about ACTUALLY being able to pass my class - she had an F when she withdrew, not for lack of brains... but rather for lack of family stability. It was so sweet of her to think of me. Today, her friend came in and said: "Ms B! I talked to Brooke today and she told me to tell you she continues to miss you and that she was so happy you answered her email." It warmed my heart up.
In other words... here are the pics:
....
....
day 17. a drunk photo of you - I don't know that I even want to POST this, as this is the internet after all. I am super careful about facebook, too! What if someone finds this blog?
It was taken at the very beginning of the year. I don't even remember taking this. We were at Lime, for Jessica's sister's bachelorette party. It was a thoroughly eventful night, to say the super uber least I can say.
day 18. a photo of one of your classes -This is my very first year teaching fourth year of Spanish and I am pretty sure I am never going to forget this group of students. They are oh-so-funny. They are smart, witty, incredibly talented in more ways than just speaking Spanish. They are team workers, they are goofballs, they are lazy and hardworking all rolled up into a group of 27 AMAZING students. I am going to miss them once this school year ends, and I hope nothing more than to see them continue to grow up in their Spanish skills. They truly surprise me every day. I am so lucky to have them and call them mine:
day 19. a photo of you on a school trip - This year, after taking 20 kids across the globe, I took a group of 16 kids to my very first field trip! I was lucky to take my advisory kids to a leadership conference. It was a lot of fun... here's our picture upon returning to HHS:
day 20. a photo of something you enjoy doing - As you may already know, I am a huge picture taker. I love not just candids, but I love pictures of nature, and still life. I love taking them, developing them, etc... While my love for pictures grew, I discovered a passion - SCRAPBOOKING! It is an extremely time-consuming hobby, and I find myself short on time to do it. Normally I spend a lot of time scrapbooking during the summer time. It is exhilarating to preserve memories for the future. I hope to share them with someone(s) important one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment