day 21. a photo of you standing up - I don't have a lot of full-length pictures of myself. I actually couldn't find ANY within my own files, asides from the one I posted @ Shi's birthday. I chose to go with this picture, which I adore. This was taken in May @ prom. The girl is one of my all-time favorite students, Atti. The night was over and kids were getting ready to go to afterprom. She looked GORGEOUS, and I was able to snap the picture before she put on her coat to leave. Love it.
day 22. a photo of your town - I have identity issues. I was born in Panama, and traveled to many countries before finally settling down in Colorado. I am a Panama-born American citizen. My roots, my identity, my passion for salsa and reggae, the fact that I chose to teach Spanish, my love for palm trees and hydrating my skin... well! They all reflect my Panamanian side. However, if a kid doesn't stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning, I get upset.
In the end -after 10 years of living in the US- if someone asks me where I am from, I have a hard time saying "US." I always reply "I am from Panama." I love the United States because of what it has allowed me to become, but I have to stay true to my roots, I guess. This is my town, Panama City:

Wow, it's beautiful. I hope to be able to visit with you someday :)
ReplyDelete