Saturday, March 12, 2011

of CSAPing...

This week was hectic to say the least. Actually. It was a weird week in many ways, a rough week in other aspects, and also a surprising week as well.
My family has been in town since Sunday. It's been great seeing my uncle. I took the day off on Monday to spend time with them, and also to catch up on sleeping which has been scarce. I enjoyed hanging out with my uncle, and taking him around town with my sister. I am happy he is visiting, and it is always really nice to have a taste of home every once in a while.
His wife is another story, and for lack on enough space and not wanting to make this a ranting post... I have decided to just say she is not as enjoyable as my uncle. That's that!
They will be staying until tomorrow, and they have shopped til they dropped. Computers, movies, shoes, and the list goes on and on. I can't even imagine how much $ they are going to spend on checking luggage, which is also probably above the 50 allotted pounds. It makes me proud to know I traveled Europe for 2 weeks with a carry on bag, and only brought back a small duffel bag full of stuff... I am winning, like Mr. Sheen.
This week we had CSAPS at school. I dread any kind of standardized testing that is building-wide. It is AWFUL. The hours are long, we are not allowed to do anything while proctoring so nothing gets done, and on top of that we have to teach.
I threw teaching out the door and decided to show Disney movies. Screw the whole 4 hour testing, and 2 hours teaching philosophy.
It was so nice to share lunch with everyone every day, though. It will be lonely going back to a 4th hour lunch where it's normally just me. We literally had groups of 10 to 12 teachers eating lunch together. We never get to do that, and it makes me miss Chatfield, where lunch was always an experience.
Anyway, I was paired up with AG for CSAP testing. She pulled a few string and was able to get herself to be my assistant proctor. She was such a rock star and we were an awesome team. I hope that I get to work with her every year!!! Ok. That may be pushing it... but either way we were an awesome team and I got lucky!
This week there was drama with scheduling. At our dpt. meeting a few of the teachers got up in arms about the scheduling, and it seemed endless. The complaining and the drama always get to me this time of year. We are already tired, we want to go on spring break, but we can't seem to shake off the drama that follows scheduling. I talked to Frau and convinced her to talk to the math department chairs, because they did it differently and fairly. She then discovered every department does things that same way and bam! an email was sent: "we will figure out what will happen next year, please send your requests and we will try to accommodate." I was happy to see them putting their foot down and just doing what should've been done a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment