I spent the last week at AP training. It was probably one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I learned more than I ever expected to learn, and now I feel ready and so very pumped to start off a year and take on the challenge of teaching AP Spanish for the first time. I came home after day 2 (training was 4 days) and sent out an email to all of my AP kids + their parents. I finished setting up my school website, set up a blog for the class and I am simply stoked to be doing this. I know I keep saying it, but I was really nervous. Now I am nervous, but it is a good kind of nerves.
I am indeed so excited that I voluntarily chose to go in on Friday, two days before I needed to go back to school to start setting up. Truth is, that we only get two full days of pre-school work to get ready for the kids and it is nowhere near enough. I am always scrambling, staying in late and I don't want to deal with that for a third year. I went in at around quarter to 10, and greeted everyone. It is definitely one of my favorite parts of the school year: seeing everyone after two months of not seeing them at all. I ran into one of the APs, the secretaries and a few teachers who are just as over-achieving as I am.
I arrived to my classroom and discovered how much I missed it. I also discovered a new computer, which was a happy happy thing. My old computer was crap. I have a new screen, keyboard, mouse, etc and even though it is no MacBookPro... it already works SOOOO much better than the last one. I was quick to set up spotify, pandora, and my email.
I worked until about 1 pm. By the time I left, all of my new flags were up, my desk was set up, my bookshelves (2 out of 3) were ready to go and all my crap was out of the tiny closet and on my floor. I also experimented with my desks and found a new setup that might be good. I am not sure if it will work 100%, but I am going to try it before I knock it.
I intend on going back in tomorrow, to get some stuff printed and finish up my room - I bought some desk organizers and a few things I want to put around the room... I also need to get all my textbooks in the classroom and organize my third bookshelf. As you can see, I am in the zone. I love the beginning of the year, getting to know the kids, setting up, seeing people, and getting back into my routine.
Last night we went to TAG for dinner. It was such a fun time. My friend JL, and her boyfriend and my friend Sachmo went with me. It was more than I desired to spend, but I always end up not feeling bad about the money I spend because food like that is not something I do every month, not even every two months. We had drinks, appetizers, entrees and desserts. It was worth every penny, both for the quality of the food and the company. It was so good to see JL. She is one of my favorite people and one of the people I see the least... so all in all this was a good and productive weekend.
I am off to enjoy the last Sunday before school starts! Movies with my sister, laundry, and going to bed early....
xoxo
B


No comments:
Post a Comment